Old August 14th 08, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
burtthebike

Default The rise of British cycling (sport that is)

"Colin Blackburn" wrote in message
There's an article on the BBC news website tracing the rise of British
cycling from 1996 when Hoy took his own bike to the U23 championships and
wore a loaned track suit through to the current state of affairs:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olym...ng/7534073.stm

Reminds me of the interview I heard with the late great Beryl Burton, who
rode to her first world championship, in France I think, and had ridden most
of the way back before someone gave her a lift.