Old May 8th 09, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_6_]

Default A possible solution to the trolling problem on this news group

Marc wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 8 May, 14:05, wrote:
On 8 May, 13:22, "Jackbike" me@somewhere wrote:

I, for one would like my cycling newsgroup back please. Count me as
interested.
Yea, it would be good to talk about bikes on a cycling newsgroup for
once!!

I don't want to be a wet blanket but my experience has been that
USENET, like the world at large, has become infested and dominated by
motorists who, now that they are under extreme pressure from the
environmental lobby, are having to try to justify their chosen mode of
transport. Part of their justification seems to be trying to rubbish
cleaner forms of transport such as cycling while embracing polluting
forms of transport such as flying.

My experience is that the only "motorists" that come here to justify
anything are here answering you. If you dissapeared so would they.

He's right Doug. What you do here will not advance the cause at all
because you're talking to cyclists on one hand and people that you've
antagonised and irritated for a number of years on the other. Have a
long, hard look and see if you've had a positive effect on the culture
of this group and then make up your mind what you will do about it. I
don't need to tell Judith or Nuxx that I think they are a destructive
influence, but I feel the need to tell you because, when all is said and
done I think that your heart is in the right place. Just give the
polemic a rest please.

"I want sprocket-talk and I want it NOW!"

Roger Thorpe