Old February 20th 04, 06:05 PM
Pete Biggs

Default CURE-C-CURE patches

IanB wrote:
Have they disappeared?
These are the strips of feathered patches, foil and paper
covered.

They used to be my favourites as well. I suspect they're no longer made
as I haven't seen any for ages and kits that used to come with them no
longer do. I don't think it's a good idea to buy ancient stock, by the
way, as the dry cement on patches can deteroriate over time.

Instead, I recommend stocking up on Velox patches and cement from
www.mwdyason.ltd.uk/shop.asp . The patches are very slightly thicker but
have feathered edges, easy to remove celophane covers*, and are extremely
reliable. The small 15mm patches are good on narrow tubes and they do
larger ones as well.

* it helps to snip the edges in advance

~PB