Old December 14th 08, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin McKenzie

Default Cycling and your child leaflet - update?

Peter Clinch wrote:
Tom Crispin wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 22:45:01 +0000, Colin McKenzie
Page 4, green background, para 1. Reword to:
The child should be able to stand astride the bike with both feet
flat on the ground and the knees slightly bent, and when sitting on
the saddle should be able to touch the ground with toes of both feet.

Fine - but perhaps better still:
The child should be able to stand astride the bike *comfortably* with
both feet flat on the ground...

I like Tom's here, it amounts to about the same thing but is much more
concise and easy to understand.

Me too! I knew my version wasn't too concise.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at the
population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as walking.