Old December 14th 08, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default Cycling and your child leaflet - update?

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:34:13 +0000, Tom Crispin
said in
:

Is the (as at March 2008) bit necessary: it sounds a bit like we are
waiting for a child cyclist to be killed. I am convinced that there
have been no child cyclists killed on London's roads since March (I
would probably hear of such a case within hours of such a tragic
event) and it doesn't need to be said "at the time of going to print"
as that is obvious.

Agreed. Of course there may be a tragedy between now and Jan 1, but
we are nearly at the end of term and the chances of such an event
escaping the notice of you, the TfL cycling people, CTC and Bob
Davis' contacts in the RSO network is indeed slim.

Veena, at TfL's Centre of Cycling Excellence, advised me not even to
mention the word 'death' or 'fatality' as it only has negative images.
'Safe', 'healthy' and 'fun' are the words to use.

Agreed doubleplus.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt