Old May 30th 20, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default So much fr a growth in bicycle riding from the pandemic.

On Fri, 29 May 2020 10:01:19 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Complex situation regarding liability and 'best practice',
'accepted industry standards' and so on:

https://www.smdp.com/bird-riders-and...injuries-from-

faulty-scooters-in-lawsuit/192096

besides the business model generally:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/t...ts-are-in-for-

the-sharing-economy-they-are-ugly.html

When the scooter/bike hire companies arrived here, there were gigs to be
the overnight fixit guy and I thought it might be something to do for
****s and giggles for a short while

Firstly, none were local and I remember what happened to return on labour
for anything bidable on the internet.

So when the parasites like Uber, et al hiccup, I cheer. They have used
muscle to drive out the competition and take the profit of the provider/
worker.