Old July 12th 20, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Police to investigate driver overtaking cyclist on double lines

On 12/07/2020 05:56, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 09:10:46 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 24/06/2020 14:22, JNugent wrote:
On 24/06/2020 12:54, TMS320 wrote:

It shows you are wrong. I want people to use the roads safely.

Your idealism that the rules define a safe/unsafe threshold is
touching but totally unrealistic.

Have you got nothing new to add?

You must be interested in my opinions given the amount of posts you have
reply to and the effort you spend in twisting and goalpost moving.

We already knew...

No. You have decided...

that you regard compliance with the law by cyclists to be optional,
with the choice being left entirely up to the individual on the bike
and subject to any old post-hoc attempted justification that he or
you can "think" up. You know, like the one about it being safer to
cycle through lights at red than to stop and wait for green.

I have heard it said but I don't know the particular circumstances that
prompted it. Nor do you. But when progress was uneventful you can never
prove that that it wasn't the safer thing to do.

I take red lights as a guide (driving or cycling).* Some people are
utter morons and won't even run a red light to let an ambulance through.

I always stop at red lights. It gives me a chance to ogle the delicious
miniskirted low-cut floozies walking by.