Old December 2nd 08, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Doug[_3_]

Default Police pick on cyclist

On 2 Dec, 10:15, Roger Thorpe wrote:
Doug wrote:
The irony is that by not having lights he was putting himself far more
at risk of death from being hit by a driver than by being a danger to
anyone else, unlike say a car with no lights.

Well, Doug. Having very nearly ridden into an unlit cyclist a few times,
I'd think it fair to say that the risk to others, including pedestrians
is considerable.
Roger Thorpe

Well, Roger. Having been run down and injured by a driver who even
failed to see my lights the risk to me was considerable and to no one
else.

--
Carfree Cities
http://www.carfree.com/