Old April 24th 21, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

Default Misunderstandings

jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, April 18, 2021 at 9:52:17 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I had the idea that it was the handling and steering of the Eddy Merckx
Elite that was causing the bike to be extremely sensitive in the
directional stability. Yesterday on a ride I noticed that the bike was
as directionally atable as most racing bikes.

What had changed was that my Mavic Pro4 ties had worn the factory polish
off of their surface and now has better traction, This causes the bike
to hold course a great deal better than what it was doing.

So that effect was not from the stability in the design of the Eddy but
from new tires needing to be worn in a little.

Do you mean mold release? I don't think Michelin is polishing its tires.
On dry pavement, I've never had an issue with mold release -- at least
on the rough roads around here. Maybe you just got used to the handling
on that bike. Glad to hear you finished the Elite. What is the final build?

-- Jay Beattie.

Never noticed even on wet smooth roads, any difference with new tires, or
off road for that matter, ie riding off camber on wet roots and what not.

Roger Merriman.