Old December 9th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Plano Dude

Default Alexi Grewal: worst teammate ever

On Dec 9, 8:23*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 12/8/2010 8:07 PM, Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:

On Dec 8, 3:58 pm, Ryan *wrote:

I remind you this reinforces my "amateur bike racing is awesome"
theory, since in 1984 this was an amateurs-only race.

Dumbass -

I was too greedy (regarding teamwork) in two races and I regret it
both times. It didn't work out.

It's better to work with or for your teamates.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

If you read between the lines in what Alexi writes in the
comments it isn't obvious that he disagrees with you.

"One can use your brain, for good or for things that are
not so good. Imagine my brain being used to support Davis
and Ron. A little bit different perspective and I could
have easily controlled that entire race and brought Ron
and Davis to the finish on an armchair.

Think perhaps of how that would have affected my lifetime
goal of being a Tour de France rider. One can never go
back, but we can change how we go forward."

Fred Flintstein

Good talk. I see similarities in attitudes between the young Grewal
and young Armstrong. Speaking of changing how we go forward, Armstrong
figured it out but it doesn't appear that Grewal did.