Old August 10th 18, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Single Rear Gear with Double Chainring and shifters

On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 10:31:06 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 9:22:39 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
Snipped

Yes, and I rode a flat circuit race in a pack with a US pro rider who was on a three speed just to make a point -- until he got kicked out for riding a three speed. It was good he got kicked out, because he would have crushed me in the sprint.

Snipped

Why'd he get kicked out for riding a 3 speed? Was it the handlebar?

I don't know and haven't looked at the rules. It could have been the ringy-bell. He probably just ****ed-off the district rep who was (and is) a character herself. It was at weekly race at the local racetrack with a giant pack. You can just sit in the middle and get pulled around. That was the point he was making.

-- Jay Beattie.