Old May 28th 19, 08:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default Disk Brakes Again

In my observation, when disc brakes get wet, they lose power and make noise.. Evidently people who believe in them also believe they don't get wet.

The best brakes for wet conditions are drums, which almost always stay dry inside where it counts, and which give consistent braking that helps avoid unwanted skidding or overrun. They're also much cleaner than discs in the wet. I never hear any of the folks who tout discs' wet performance mention drums. Maybe they're more into new hotness than good wet braking? Or do they think weaker wheels make for better stopping?