Old May 28th 19, 08:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Disk Brakes Again

On 5/27/2019 2:07 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Hmmm. I don't know what problems you're having, but a popular problem for me is the "last chain" syndrome: I change the chains before they elongate, and after the third chain, the cassettes are gone and don't shift well. There is no bad skipping like the old days -- just poor shifting, shifts hanging up and apparent ghost shifting. My son was whining about the shifting on his (formerly my) 10sp CAAD 9, and that was the problem. I threw on a cassette today, and it works flawlessly. That is a great bike -- last of the American produced Cannondales.

My next door neighbor was going to give away a U.S. produced Cannondale
to a thrift store. I took it and fixed it up. It needed new brakes,
tires, and a new seat. It has upright bars. I just gave it to my
daughter to use for commuting because her drop bar road bike is hard on
her neck. One thing it doesn't have is bottle mounts in the right place.
I need to drill some hole for some Rivnuts (no, just kidding).