Old February 22nd 11, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Obstructions

On Feb 21, 11:40*pm, Brian Huntley wrote:

[Bald eagles are] fairly thick on the ground in Nova Scotia for some reason. I
suspect the local chicken industry, but they also love the salmon and
trout. I was dive-bombed by one once while riding in Cape Breton.

Still, magnificent birds.

We've got a lot of them on a reservoir about 20 miles north of here,
in NE Ohio. And I know of another nest less than 5 miles away from a
very busy suburban shopping area right nearby.

On bike rides, we've watched their aerial acrobatics - diving at each
other, doing barrel rolls, etc. Someone said it was courting
behavior. Whatever it was, it's spectacular.

- Frank Krygowski