Old May 19th 13, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default Cyclist with young kids on board - safely

"CJB" wrote in message

Wondering what folks here think are about cycling safely with young
kids on board. I've seen all kinds of methods from trailers (with
fkags on poles), to kiddie seats behind the parent (usually the
father) where a saddle bag might go.

But isn't it striking that you *very* rarely hear of anyone ever being
knocked off their bike when they're carrying a child?

Parents carrying a kid (in my experience) tend to be far less reckless and
more likely to obey the "rules of the road" than the "usual" cyclist. God
forbid there might be a correlation between riding responsibly and safely,
and lower accident statistics?

Very odd, since we're led to believe that oblivious, aggressive and unaware
drivers are the cause of 100% of cyling accidents, and therefore wouldn't
see or make allowances for a child.