Old May 19th 13, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

Default Cyclist with young kids on board - safely

On 19/05/2013 12:31, Ian Smith wrote:
On Sun, 19 May 2013 02:12:55 -0700 (PDT), CJB wrote:

But if the bike had run into the back of a suddenly stopping car
(like they do),

Do they? I don't think I've ever seen or experienced a bike running
into the back of a car. Cars seems to run into the back of cars
quite regularly (I'm frequently hearing of multiple pile-ups, and
indeed have been in the middle of one myself), but it's not a crash
scenario that bicycles seem prone to.

I've done it a few times, yes I know it says something about my riding
style. Generally it isn't that serious for the rider although it is a
good way to kill a bike frame.

Needless to say I wasn't carrying a kid on the handlebars when it happened.