Old May 19th 13, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

Default Cyclist with young kids on board - safely

"Nick" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 19/05/2013 13:52, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

No, which supports the point that people with a child on their bike are
more likely to ride within the laws and their own capabilities and be
less likely to be involved in an accident.

Actually I suspect they are more likely to break the law by riding on
the pavement. You appear to be confusing obeying the law with riding safely.

Which in turn supports the
wider point that the vast majority of cycling accidents are caused by
the cyclists themselves.

Gosh I think you have got something there! Bicycle accidents are caused
by people riding bicycles. I wonder if your stunning insight also
applies to motorists?

I'm sure it does, too. However, it obviously doesn't apply to psycholists,
who stand firm on the belief that it's never the cyclists fault - it's
always someone else. Usually the nearest (or soonest to appear) motorist.