Old November 9th 03, 03:38 AM
skip

Default BiGHA Comments

"Lawrence Turner" wrote in message
m...
It was actually listed as a "Go-Kart," something I doubt Bigha had
anything to do with. The charity or eBay was probably responsible for
listing (or mis-listing) the bike.

I guess I don't get the point of your post. Are you saying that a
Bigha is not worth its asking price? Most auction items do not go for
true market value, which is why you can often get a great deal on a
car, a house or anything else on auction. Only silly personal items,
like Princess Diana's toaster will get big bucks. If you're using this
charity auction as means of assessing Bigha's value, you are mistaken.

Geez, what has this come to? Bigha DONATES a bike to CHARITY and we
pick on them? Earth to A.R.B.R.!!!!

Just reporting the facts Mr. Turner. The point is whatever you choose to
make of the facts.

I do know it's a fact that Bay does not prepare the seller's listing for
their auction as you suggest. That's always the seller's responsibility.
In this case it was listing was for a "BiGHA Recreational Bike" as I stated
previously and not as a "go-kart" as you state in your post. The auction
number is 3634370495 if anyone wants to verify my statements.

Again the bike was sold for $1805.00 on a no reserve auction where there
were 50 bids with over half of them made by someone with the same last name
as the BiGHA CEO. Make of that whatever you wish or nothing at all.

The charity was WIRED Auctions for Starbright Foundation. Wired Auctions
would seem to be an arm of WIRED Magazine. I don't think it would be unusual
for the bike to come into WIRED's possession through an advertising
agreement of some sort with BiGHA. The Starbright Foundation is listed as a
charity benefiting sick children.

skip