Old July 14th 05, 05:12 AM
Dane Jackson

Default 2005 STP Trip Report (long, long, long)

In rec.bicycles.misc Claire Petersky wrote:
"Dane Jackson" wrote in message
In rec.bicycles.misc Claire Petersky wrote:

But, I have to mention something. How can you go to Portland and then
just turn around and *leave*. It sounds like you didn't even stop at
Powells. And that's just, well, *wrong*.

I was so wasted, what would I have done in Powells?

Stumbled from section to section mumbling "braainnz", err I mean "boooookkks"
, most likely. Or perhaps taking a short kip on a comfy stack of books
somewhere in the store.

I guess what should have happened was a luxury suite at the Doubletree
(then, the early closure of the shower truck wouldn't have been the tragedy
that it was), Monday off from work, and the whole family having the day to
goof off in Portland. Next time, next time...

That's sort of what I did for the one day. I cycled down saturday, ate,
checked into my hotel, ate, wandered around looking, ate, went back to the
hotel, then slept about 9 hours. *Then* I went back downtown to Powells
and bought a goodly number of books (really, whatever would fit in my
backpack with my other things). [1]

Did I mention I ran (almost literally) into my Middle school librarian
(a good friend) Mrs. Ogintz while I was there? I hadn't seen her
previously for six or seven years. More impressive when you realize I
grew up near philly, and that she still lives there.

[1] N.B. Bring a larger backpack next time.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
When you are at Rome live in the Roman style;