Old May 24th 04, 03:03 PM
Michael MacClancy

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

On Mon, 24 May 2004 14:51:35 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

I call it the respect/contempt issue.
Cyclists in the Netherlands are respected and numerous.
Cyclists in Britain are hated and not numerous.

I don't know what will change the numbers.
I don't have a clue what will induce the Brits to accord more respect to
cyclists. Some cycle farcilities are definitely counter-productive here
(and there's a large feature in the local rag entitled 'Cycle lane has
hit profits, angry traders tell minister')

Here's a link to the story:
http://tinyurl.com/3ezt3

--
Michael MacClancy
Random putdown - "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter