Old May 8th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Can't Use Helmets in the Sun????

UseNet via Cable Modem wrote:

By "heat", I would assume that they're referring to what it might get
sitting on a steam radiator in your house, or on the dash of your
closed-up car in the middle of the summer. Not what it would get from
you wearing it during the summer.

newsgroups if possible).

That's the thing -- the exact wording is "direct or indirect heat" --
which I take to mean sunlight as well, and UV exposure in particular.

Just seems an astounding fine-print, if I'm reading this correctly! I
mean, we're talking about the most critical piece of safety equipment
for an activity that generally takes place at daytime in summer....