Old July 31st 05, 12:24 AM

a =E9crit :

OK, people, there is a flip side to this question.

Here is another example. Just as I was going back home tonight,
I stopped outside the restaurant downstairs from the house so my
dog could play with their large Akita dog, and while they were
rolling around, some woman comes along and starts petting my dog.
She then goes up to me and says in (American accented) English:
"Your doggy is agressive"
without any other form of greeting or any possible indication on my
part that I was a Parisian who would understand English.
As usual, a panoply of replies came
to mind, the first one being: "Yes, she's an aggressive bitch, just
like you" and the most obscure one being "yep, she like punchin'
dogies"
which no one outside Texas might understand.
However, at that exact moment, my wife called me and I
chose to simply answer the phone and give what I call "the mask",
which is an expression which communicates neither positive
nor negative emotion, yet indicates that an opinion has been formed.

-ilan