Old January 6th 04, 02:16 AM
Mike Kruger

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

"Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles" wrote
in message m...
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Bill: I'm inclined to agree with another poster who would be concerned
about causing unwanted behaviour from those in 6000 pound steel cages with
tires & suspension & interior noise control such that they could make a
credible claim that they didn't know they ran over you.

Being morally right, but dead, may make it difficult to spread your

message
effectively.

Maybe. My wife was worried that putting a bumper sticker on our car that
said:

Bush '04: Lies, Damned Lies, and Lies of Mass Destruction
http://www.cafeshops.com/irregulargoods.7747327

would cause unwanted attention or possible vandalism. But all we've gotten
is a few inquiries about where they can be bought, or a few suggestions for
pro-Bush stickers (which I take in good humor).

Still, I don't have one on my bike, because I don't want to be honked at by
either people who disagee with me, or people who agree with me. And it's
hard to distinguish a "thumbs up" sign from a middle finger salute in
traffic.

Out of curiosity, I checked a few anti-Bush sites, but didn't find any bike
jerseys.
I'm listing the links in case someone hasn't had enough anti-Bush humor
today.

http://www.cafeshops.com/dave1021
http://www.cafeshops.com/blpd
http://www.cafeshops.com/bushfailed
http://www.cafeshops.com/bushno
http://www.cafeshops.com/elviswmd
(has material showing Elvis manufacturing weapons of mass destruction)
http://irregulartimes.com/antiwarshop.html
http://irregulartimes.com/exprogressive.html
There's a couple of bike stickers referenced on this page:
http://www.irregularoo.com/goods2.html

Although I'm personally anti-Bush, I enjoy political humor period. If
anybody feel the urge to retaliate with pro-Bush, anti-Dean, or even old
Clinton joke sites, send them to me off-list, and I promise to visit and
read at least 5 sites. That's zbicyclist AT excite DOT com (my newsgroup
address is fake, to limit spam)

If you are looking for a few hundred custom t-shirts printed with the
anti-Bush (or other) saying of your choice, this guy can probably help you
for a lot less than cafeshops:
http://www.tshirtbroker.com/index.html

Mike Kruger