Old June 5th 04, 12:34 AM
Gwood

Default Please abuse me (I like a klein)

I've got the prior generation Klein (Adept). I had real reservations when I
got it since it felt too light, but I got a screamin deal. Now that's been
through some minor skirmishes, I really like it and my confidence level is
much higher. Climbs great, very nimble and feels much like a hardtail until
it needs to go to work. The paint was already nicked up, so that wasn't an
issue. It was one of the Chehalis made models, which was a nice touch.

I'm not a freerider, but like the singletrack techie riding of north and
central Oregon. After nearly a year of XC riding, it's still working well
for me. Some component work to be done, but that's the Shimano stuff
starting to fail.

My buddy is hot for a Palomino as well. (ere, you know what I mean). I
thought the dramatic slope of the seat tube would make the cockpit too long
for his shorter upper body, but apparently not.

For the money, I think they are (or were, at least) excellent bikes.

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

I test rode some bikes today. I went to a store believing that they
carried Konas and Yetis, but it turned out they dropped those lines
since last year. They carry Trek, Klein, Fisher, and Cannondale.

Which brings me to the one I *did* like ... the Klein Palomino 5.