Old July 15th 03, 03:50 PM
Lantern Rouge

Default Why the jersey colours?

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:35:57 +0000, Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

On 7/15/03 6:44 AM, in article
, "Ken Prager"
wrote:

In article ,
Andrew Swan wrote:

Can anyone tell me why the green, white, and polka-dot jerseys are
coloured that way? Is there an historical reason, like there is for the
yellow jersey?

TIA,

&roo

See http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/?id=features/FAQ,
where all is revealed.

That URL explains what the various colored jerseys signify, but not WHY they
are those particular colors (as opposed to blue, mauve, and pink & puce
polka-dots).

I'm glad you agree with my interpretation of the query contained in the
post.

I have tried to explain in another response in the thread, at least the
two that have not been explained by another poster