Old June 9th 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Discover team for Dauphine-LIbre and Tour de Suisse

I was just thinking that Discovery would want it's TDF to spend time
racing together so that they can refine their tactics and strategy.

I am not certain if their TDF has raced together this season. Perhaps
they did in the Tour of California.

On Jun 8, 2:58 pm, paolo wrote:
On Jun 8, 12:15 pm, " wrote:

I was noticing that Discovery has mixed it's TDF team for the Dauphine-
Liber and the Tour de Suisse. The Tour of Switzerland starts on the
day the D-L ends so there is a scheduling conflict. But I am surprised
that Discovery is not keeping it's TDF riders together..??

I suspect some riders need a little more recovery time then others.
Also, the real reason probably is contractual with the sponsor, i.e.
getting as much exposure in europe as possible - which is the reason
why rider counts per team have grown over the years. The days of top
riders hitting 200 races a year are long gone!