Old January 3rd 05, 12:23 AM
Werehatrack

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:47:42 -0500, "Matt O'Toole"
wrote:

How can I buy a bunch of the smallest size patches? Most patch kits come with a
bunch of big ones, but only two or four small ones. The larger ones don't fit
on road tubes without wrapping around them, so it's hard to get a good bond all
the way around, to keep the edges from peeling. I haven't had one fail in
awhile, but smaller patches would be better. Can someone get these in bulk, and
sell me a bunch? I'm sick of paying $4.00 for a patch kit with 2 good patches
in it, and a bunch of crap I'll never use.

I just buy the large package of them from the auto parts store and cut
the larger ones into smaller pieces. The smaller ones in the kit
(about one inch square) are near to ideal for the majority of my
patching, but even they are a tad large on a road tube.

Alternately...

http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cgi...d=643283426177

alias

http://tinyurl.com/4trsp

or, if those are too big...

http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cg...m_i d=IN-9028

alias

http://tinyurl.com/4h2k6

Also, is it better to remove the plastic, leave it on, or leave it on as the
patch cures but take it off before using the tube? I do let my patches cure
overnight whenever possible.

My personal preference is to peel the non-glue-side plastic before
placing the patch, but I do not believe that it actually makes a
difference whether that's done before or after patch placement.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.