Old July 26th 03, 03:35 AM
Jude T. McGloin

Default M5 tandem

Take two fast single recumbent riders and put them on a recumbent
tandem and they will IMO not equal their single speeds at FIRST.
We seem to forget that when moving from one recumbent to another,
although the new one is lighter and may be more efficent it takes time to
adjust to a different riding position. I have seen experienced recumbent
riders, myself one of them be let down when their new steed seemed slower
than their old one. However, after a few hundred miles or more and fine
tuning it surpasses anything the old one could do. Same would apply for a
tandem team on a new recumbent IMO.
Hey Murphy! I don't know a whole lotta single recumbent riders that
could hang on behind you and your wife on the DV. How is Florida anyway? I
know you lurk and I'm sure that the subject line caught your attention.
There even may be a new lightweight performance recumbent tandem in
prototype as we speak...or type that is.

--
Jude....///Bacchetta AERO
St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland
"Steve in SC" wrote in message
om...
(BentJay) wrote in message

. com...
Mike,

Your comment about efficiency hit home with me. I was always faster
on my (sold) Bikee RX vs. tandeming with my daughter on our similar
Bikee E2. Since I know she really tries, (We captains can feel it
through the pedals!) the only difference was the number of seats on
those beasts. The E2 is slower than the comparable RX.

BentJay

I ride a M5 Shockproof and count myself as a tamdem rider wannabe. It
has been my observation that, in general, upright tamdems are faster
than bent tamdems. Is this your experience, and any idea why the bent
is slower?