-snip-
AHHHHHHHHH SHOOT ME!

Not-China product; dependable, light, durable:
https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Technologies/2_way_fit

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Andrew, I believe that all carbon wheels are constructed in China or Taiwan with the exception of the Campy Bell wheels. I do not know where they're made. But they are all made from the same pre-preg cloth from Japan.

Interesting as the U.S. makes as much carbon fiber as the next three
companies (Japan, China and Taiwan) combined.

cheers,

John B.

John - that carbon fiber is used for making aircraft. What bicycles in the world do you believe to have been manufactured using American carbon fiber? There is a minute American CF industry outside of the aircraft industry.

https://calfeedesign.com/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Andrew - those bikes are tubular structures with what they claim to be carbon fiber lugs. The handling of my latest Colnago CLX 3.0 as compared to my C40 which is very similar engineering is so dramatically different that I wouldn't buy that bike on a bet. No insult intended to Calfee who doesn't have the development resources that Colnago has.

I also get a funny feeling when they say "Boron 66 and carbon fiber hybrid" which gives me an uncomfortable feeling that they are laying Japanese pre-preg over thin wall boron tubes. The illustration of the DragonFly Pro looks to me as if the lugs are actually cast titanium but I'll take their word that they are carbon fiber and must be painted to look like metal for some reason.

Remember that carbon fiber is electrolytically very noble and that metals tend to corrode quite rapidly. But what that rate is I couldn't say since aluminum should have been one of the worst cases and when I sold my Look it must have been 30 years old and the lugs appeared to be perfect.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home