Old May 18th 21, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

Default Flat again today but prepared.

On 2021-05-17, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 3:06:08 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
I always ended my flat-tire classes with the note that, 'a
flat is never at a convenient time, often associated with
rain, heat, cold, mosquitoes or just running late to be
somewhere else...

We could probably do a thread on worst flat tire situations.

Mine was in Acadia National Park, at dusk, on a long marshy path that was a short cut from our
campsite to some road or other. The flat was the rear of the tandem. My wife and kid were
free to swat at the million mosquitoes, but my hands were too busy for me to defend myself.
Fixing the flat seemed to take forever.

- Frank Krygowski

This is the point at which you break out your emergency cigar and have your
wife puff and blow away continuously while you complete the task.

Wife and I took turns doing this while cooking dinner one time on a bike
hike....eat and dive into the tent. Kill errant mosquitos. Listen to the
hum.

I can't believe the guys who bike tour without a tent!

pH