Old May 22nd 06, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Old cycling video

wafflycat wrote:

Enjoy :-)
With sound up.
Work safe
Shortcut to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBPX...ch=80s%20music
Style Council

Cheers, helen s

Thanks for that Helen.

I recall reading that when they made this film Paul Weller's dad went
all over the place, claiming that the director had made his son 'look
gay'. (I think the 'banana peeling and running away from girls' scene
was the clincher). Perhaps the director was trying to imply something
about the supposed sexuality of cyclists. When I was a lad it was a
common insult to say that cyclists were 'puffs', but now that being gay
is much more socially acceptable people have find other insults to
denigrate cyclists!

Still my current favourite cycling animation...

http://www.247show.com/watch-videos-.../cid/24/sid/85