Old October 29th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nexty

Default Sydney to Wollongong 2008

This is it folks, in five days Laeth and myself will be taking part in
the 2008 MS Gong Ride on our unicycles along with 11,623 other
bicyclists. Laeth will be doing the 56km option from Heathcote on his
fixed UDC 29" wheel and I will doing the full 84km on my fixed Nimbus
36inch wheel as my new schulmpf unicycle hub won't arrive in time
unfortunately.

Going the distance is one thing but getting down there in one piece is
the challenge, the Sydney to the Gong is known by some as the craziest
and most dangerous thing you can do on a bike, as descending into the
park at Waterfall and then down Bald Hill can be very hazardus. There
will be no overtaking roadies down from the summit of Kelly's Mountain
(Chuck) as there have been some serious casualties in previous years
events so we will be taking it extra easy for those two descents.

[image: http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/7...ionmapxl5.jpg]

Getting 'back from the Gong to Sydney'
(http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1...ngtrainkr6.jpg) is almost
harder than getting down but the current plan is to visit a few local
pubs afterwards for a few drinks whilst the slowly trains clear out the
majority of the entrants.

So for anyone who can consider making a donation for MS, please 'click
here' (http://register.gongride.org.au/?Sydney+Unicyclists) to goto our
team page to contribute and for those who already have - THANKYOU.

Cheers, Geoff
[image:
http://photos-995.ll.facebook.com/ph...3561_4200.jpg]

--