Old August 21st 09, 01:54 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default I really think we have better bike POTENTIAL than Holland

Originally Posted by trackhub
"I doubt we will see a return to the golden age of the bicycle, i.e.
the 1890's. This country is just car-centric. Entire areas are built
around the car. Shopping malls, fast-food joints, movie mega-plexes,
and all the roads that go to them.

Will it ever change? It might. I still think that the bike will
endure, and survive the age of the automobile."

***

Well, I really think we have better bike POTENTIAL than Holland...

Hey, I'm not kidding, just that being at the bottom, we can only go
up!

Besides our nightmarish s-p-r-a-w-l can be turned into an opportunity.
No, we may never be riding comfort 3 speed Dutch bikes, but our g-r-e-
a-t-e-r distances allow for faster bikes that will bring out the real
athlete within. Of course, under the skin of a couch potato, there's a
potential Armstrong.

More or less. The key word is "POTENTIAL."

In a land where SUVs rule, it may seem counterintuitive or even stupid
to ride a bike... But a man gotta do, what a man gotta do. (Hey,
ladies can be tough too!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution