Old August 21st 09, 01:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default Can we bring back the Golden Age of the Bicycle?

On Aug 20, 6:59 pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
This "golden age" malarkey is just twaddle caused by wearing rose
colored glasses and being nostalgic for a past that never was. I came
of age about the time of the "bike boom" of the 1970s and cycling is
vastly better now.

It's only radically better on the dirt trails... After all, there was
no mountain bikes in the '70s.

Was that boom related to the oil embargo? I think we need an oil
crisis to really mean BUSINESS.