Old September 18th 17, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist jailed

On 18/09/2017 18:40, Nick wrote:
On 18/09/2017 15:29, MrCheerful wrote:
On 18/09/2017 14:12, Nick wrote:
On 18/09/2017 12:45, Peter Parry wrote:
BBC report Charlie Alliston, Cyclist who knocked over and killed woman
in London sentenced to 18 months in young offenders institution"

I wonder how many months in jail Wayne Rooney will get for DUI.

Was he driving a car with no brakes and ran someone down while
screaming oscenities, killing them in the process?Â* Then boasted of
the incident while blaming the innocent victim.

Oh dear, talking **** on the web now deserves a prison sentence. Perhaps
now is the time to reconsider your own published opinions?

The two cases you refer to are not comparable though, are they?

The convicted cyclist did boast of his exploits, didn't he? He did
scream obscenities while failing to avoid an avoidable collision, didn't
he? He was rding an illegal machine on the road, wasn't he?

Why would you attempt to defend the cyclist? His behaviour both at the
time and since has been reprehensible to any sane person, ah, I see the
problem.