Old October 3rd 18, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

rbowman wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Ours are low enough so that trucks and vans
can just drive over them, with a shallow curb so
they don't even have to slow down to do that.

The larger ones have a concrete apron for that purpose.
The tiny ones were constructed without thinking that
something like a moving van might need to navigate them.

Ours are fine for that, those and semis can drive right
over them as if they arent there. There is nothing but
concrete in the middle. Can't actually find a street
view of one, our street view is 8 years old now.

Many drivers haven't figured out how they work yet. We have
many four way stops where people take turns in an orderly fashion.

We don't have any of those, one of the two roads at that
intersection always has giveway signs on one of the roads.

They tend to take roundabouts the same, stopping before
entering even if the way is clear, which defeats the purpose.

We don't see that at all, presumably because we don't have
any intersections which don't have giveways on one road.