Old June 26th 05, 11:42 AM
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Wrong on most counts above. Ed Dolan = 100; Jeff Grippe = 0.

No Ed not wrong. My opinion. For me completely correct. Actual score Ed
Dolan = 100, Jeff Grippe = 100. So far all we have both done is present our
opinion so you can not at this point deduct point. I have not engaged your
opinion beyond saying I disagree nor have you engaged mine. We haven't had
more than the opening of a discussion. You have said nothing to counter my
argeument and I have said nothing to counter yours. Saying "Wrong..." is not
argueing (have I just walked out of a Monty Python sketch?).

I do not initiate discussions here on ARBR on any subjects whatever except
rarely. I am strictly a responder. And I will respond to liberal rants
with venom. My only aim in the first place was to get rid of all the
obnoxious liberal posting that was taking place here on ARBR. Thankfully,
it is mostly gone now and I have no wish to resurrect it. ARBR is actually
a much nicer place now that others are no longer engaged in liberal
political messages and snide remarks about Bush and the Republicans.

Well I didn't start the political discussion either but rather responded to
your conservative rant. I don't like ranting from either side. As I've said
before both sides have their fair share of sheep. When I hear a rant, I know
that thinking is not taking place. That is how I feel when I read some of
your posts.

I am a liberal. I am quite far to the left I would say but you have yet to
see me rant. I like to think of myself as someone who thinks. Being someone
who thinks I know that rants (no matter which side they come from) can not
capture the complexities of the issues that face us today. Unfortunately all
our politicians (from both sides) do these days is rant and engage in
largely self-interested behavior. The left is no better than the right in
this regard. I hate being this cynical but that is the way I see it.

Yes, I do attack when I know I am right and others are wrong - and
pigheaded to boot. I am respectful of other's opinions when they have a
right to those opinions grounded in some semblance of sanity.

I don't like pigheaded either but you don't get to decide whose opinions are
grounded in some semblance of sanity and who's aren't. I the same reason
that I prefer no to edit. I know I can't escape my own bias. My opinions are
not right just because they are mine. Yours are not right just because they
are yours. Ed Dolan does not get to define right and wrong. If both side
were to do that then there would be no discussion of any substance. It would
devolve down to "Me", "No Me", "No Me", "No Me"...etc.

Also, another thing that kicks in big time with me is when I detect others
are being rude and dismissive. Then I am rude and dismissive right back.
You do not yet fall into that category, but I am expecting! However, from
long experience with many here on ARBR, I know who is who and can often
beat them to the punch. The best defense is a good offense. Everything
with me is tit for tat and I was not born yesterday. I have a long memory
and I like to keep my knife sharp and my gunpowder dry.

Ed you are the king of rude and dismissive which is why I started going at
it with you in the first place. You can keep expecting it from me but you
won't get it. If anything my posts have been against rude and dismissive.
Most of the metaphors you used in the second half of your paragraph above
were fighting metaphors. My answer is that if you looking for a fight you
are bound to find one. It is instinctive for humans to fight. We are easily
provoked and quick to repond. But I'm a liberal remember. I don't want to
fight with you Ed. I prefer to throw all the idea onto the mat and fight
with them to see which ones might be able to stand up.

You only need to post the right way and all will be forgiven.

I am sticking to your way of posting for the time being because otherwise
the discussion is only about how I post and that is boring. Like it or not I
make no promises to continue to do this, however. I do not want to lull you
into believing that I am a changed person.

PS. Are you sure you looked up the expressions "pulling your leg" and
"tongue in cheek" like I recommended you do some time ago?

I answered this before. You do not come off as witty and colorful which is
why we are having this whole discussion.