Old June 28th 05, 12:23 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I fought fire with fire which is the only way to do it. Sweet reason is
for symposiums in Heaven, not for the realities of this earth.

No Ed it is not the only way to do it. That is my entire point. I have not
fought fire with fire once. It is a silly metaphor if you actually think
about it. I prefer to fight ignorance although I prefer not to use the
fighting metaphor at all. Its not that I'm being PC but rather I have
found that confrontational posturing does not lead to understanding by
both sides.

I am strictly in a confrontational mood when confronted with liberals. I
have had it up to high heaven with their confounded views. All the major
media and institutions of higer education are full of their nonsense. And
when one of them is spouting off on a newsgroup devoted to recumbent
cycling, I go into orbit.

I know liberals like I know the back of my hand because I was one myself
in my misspent youth. I fight the way they fight, dirty and with no
rules. I go for the jugular just like they do. I mostly just plain hate
them, especially with regard to their position on the War in Iraq. To try
to reason with a liberal is an exercise in futility.

Ed, believe me when I say that I probably embrace every position that you
hate. I do not, however, fight dirty and go for the jugular. The problem
with your approach, as I said earlier, is that most people's response to
being attacked is to defend. It all ends up getting personal very quickly.
Liberal form opinions about Conservatives and Conservatives form opinions
about Liberals. Then after a while they start to embrace those opinions
and repeat them as if they were facts. Things get said like the paragraphs
above which I quoted.

Reality is more complex then that. There are people out there who would
agree 100% with your opinions that you would find detestable and there are
people out there that would agree 100% with my liberal opinions that you
would be happy to have as friends.

It goes without saying that I hate their views, not they themselves (some
exceptions of course). However, if truth be told, I do not like anybody
much. We humans are just not very likable. We are essentially killer apes
and we go about the world with murder in our dark hearts.

As I have said before and as your posting and the posting of others
sometimes reflects, there is not enough serious thinking going on. In
trying to understand what are essentially complex issues, people are
grasping for quick "sound byte" style answers.

Newsgroups are not the place for serious thinking. Newsgroups are the place
for spouting off. When liberals spout off, then I spout off too. Nobody here
except us geysers going off. Kind of like Old Faithful at Yellowstone,
inevitable and predictable.

You can say you hate liberals but I think you are a smart enough person to
know that statement for the lie that it is. There are certain behaviors
that you may hate but I don't really believe that you hate someone for
holding an opinion that you disagree with. BTW I know that there are
exceptions to what I've said so please don't tell me about some radical
fringe on either the left or right, whose ideas you hate, and whose ideas
I would hate too. We both know those counter-examples exist. I'm talking
about the average poster you are likely to meet here, or the average
liberal like me.

There are no average posters either here or anywhere else. Every individual
is a special case. And I do hate some for their views, especially where the
defense and security of the US is concerned. Do I hate Michael Moore? You
bet I do! I think he is a treasonous pig of a white man who has no brain.
May the Devil take him!

If I have you pegged wrong and you really do hate me and people like me
for my ideas then my earlier designation of you as intolerant would be
fitting. I've come to think that that is not the case, however.

I am not in favor of tolerance as being good in and of itself. In fact, I am
quite in favor of intolerance when it comes to any number of things. Only
liberals use a word like tolerance and think it is universally good and use
a word like bigot and think it is universally bad. I am not tolerant of
Islam and I dislike the Arabs - at least for the present. This could change
if and when they start behaving like civilized creatures and reform their
abominable religion.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota