Old June 27th 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default Help! Brompton-fu weak

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:39:40 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

My Brompton-fu is weak today. I am reassembling the (Sram) rear hub
and having trouble getting the bearings right. There appears to be no
lockring or locknut on the drive side, so what stops the freewheel
bearing cone from becoming nurdled? Has anyone stripped down a Sram
recently and can tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have the exploded diagram from
http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/sram/dealers/DTM_GHS_E_99.pdf but
it's not helping.

Ah, worked it out. The clue is in "fixed cone" - slack the drive side
off, torque the fixed cone to 20Nm and all is joy and quiet tick-tick.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/
simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken