Old January 7th 18, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: The awkward stage

14:00 Sunday

The sidewalks are mostly unusable, but only streaks of snow remain in
the streets. An hour of sunshine would clear them, but we aren't
going to get that and might get more snow.

But the snow should slack off early Monday morning, it will be
slightly above freezing Monday afternoon, and there is a low
probability of more snow Monday night. Tuesday might be on!

And the winds will be no higher than 5 mph; we might even get that
hour of sunlight.

Fun dressing this morning; I chose a dress that doesn't allow an
underdress, and the sweat pants I wore the last time this happened
have been downgraded to grubbies and worn thin -- one actually has a
hole in the knee. So I got out the two I wear on the bike (when
absolutely positootly sure I won't get wet) and both are too long to
walk in. My Spalding tights aren't comfortable over "fleece lined
leggings" (brushed opaque-hose weight tights) and aren't all that
warm.

Finally realized that I don't have to be riding a bike to pin my pants
at the ankles.

Two different people offered to drive me home, and both were concerned
that it wasn't safe to walk in cold weather. I did wish that I'd worn
both shawls and another scarf, but wasn't actually cold.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net