Old August 27th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Default Camelbak - The SlipStream

My strategy is to have two (or more) hydration packs. One small
capacity one (50 - 70 oz) that is convenient but doesn't have much
storage space, and one large capacity one that holds 100 oz and has
room for an additional bladder and gear storage if necessary. It's
more convenient that trying to get one hydration pack that does it
all.

For most of my muni rides I use a bum bag style pack that holds 70 oz.
For most of my Coker rides I use a bum bag (similar to a CamelBak
FlashFlo) that holds about 50 oz. It's generally enough for my Coker
rides cause I'm in areas where I can refill if necessary. For bigger
rides I have my large capacity backpack style hydration pack.

It also depends on where and when you ride. In Texas and humid areas
you are going to need more water than I do in the cozy comfy
Northwest.

A 100 oz pack with room for gear should be the starting point. Then
look around for some smaller packs for shorter or cooler rides.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni