Old August 26th 03, 02:28 PM
Rowan

Default Flexible seat failure

Yesterday, Mike who is better at hopping than riding had a go on my
Wilder MUni. He jumped over some mags with a plank balanced on them. I
was pleased to see how impressive his hops were, even though he wasn't
riding away from them. As I was riding home I was surprised by how flexy
the Kris Holm Velo saddle felt. Upon closer inspection Mike had snapped
the seat in the middle. There was no metal plate, and Mike's
jackhammer/pogo style learner hopping was too much for the flexible
plastic. I'd say it was a combination of bad design and bad technique. I
have heard of a method to fix this problem with a brace thing, but I
have another temporary solution : to build an Air-saddle. I have to wake
up early tomorrow to drill out holes for the Reeder handle. Also I am
wondering about what bumpers fit on carbon fibre bases, and if most
people use them or what. I am considering getting a Kinport rear bumper.

| Attachment filename: broken kh velo seat.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/158772|

Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772