Old May 25th 04, 02:05 PM
David Hansen

Default The _Observer_ on "deadly" bike lanes

On Tue, 25 May 2004 13:03:30 +0100 someone who may be Peter Clinch
wrote this:-

Except for the golf balls. When asked about this the official of
Fife Council claimed that all cyclists should wear helmets.

CTC day last year we were shown around St. A's and the cycling stuff
they'd done there. The chap giving the tour (can't remember his name,
I'm afraid) seemed to show a good grasp of Clues. He took us round the
tour on an old 10 speed while not wearing a helmet, a good sign, I think!

The official I am talking about managed to upset almost everyone and
her contract was not renewed.

the cycle track through Guardbridge

Complete cock-up, isn't it?

Yes.

Hopefully Guardbridge will see
similar upgeading, though in that case you could achieve everything
required by just taking out any attempt at cycle paths.

That would be ideal, but would reduce their "km of cycle facility"
figure.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.