Old April 23rd 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

Default lickton's gets no more business from me!

In article ,
SMS wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

I'm baffled by buying a lock ring by mail order and not just riding
down to the LBS to get one. Unless you only have LBSes with worse
customer service than Lickton's.

I'm sure that driving or riding or calling around looking for a shop
that has this item in stock would have cost him far more than $6
worth of time, fuel, etc. OTOH, some on-line stores do offer very
low-priced shipping for items they can stick in a padded envelope
which is nice of them. They don't have to go to the post office to do
this, their mail carrier will pick them up.

As a customer, of course, you certainly have the right to no longer
do business with them if their service was unsatisfactory from your
perspective.

I'll order more stuff from Lickton's to make up for Walter!

I've bought things in person and by mail order from Lickton's and have
always gotten a good deal and generally the customer service has been
good. I have usually dealt with Robin rather than Bob.