Old May 16th 19, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default HOW DANGEROUS IS CYCLING? DEPENDS ON WHICH NUMBERS YOU EMPHASISE.

On 15/5/19 11:41 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 1:40:32 PM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 8:37:03 AM UTC-4, sms wrote:
Snipped

Be very careful when reading any "studies" referred to on
cycle-helmets.com, that site has no credibility.

And due to many of your posts over the years neither do you. At least not on this newsgroup you don't.

Cheers

As a libertarian (not to mention professionally as a motivational psychologist) I find it interesting that so many cyclists have a religious antipathy to helmets, regardless of what evidence is put up.

But the difference between me and the anti-helmet zealots (hereafter the AHZ) is that I think you lot are entitled to an opinion, whereas you try very hard to deny anyone with even a qualified defense of helmets the right to an opinion.

I don't think anyone I know is an anti-helmet zealot. Some people
zealously disagree with mandating helmet use for cycling. They would be
anti-MHL zealots. I m probably one of them.

There are also MHL zealots and plain vanilla helmet zealots.

Helmets are a gloriously polarising subject.

--
JS