Old August 7th 13, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default update on the cyclist arrested for gbh and dangerous cycling

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 10:07:56 UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"MrCheerful" wrote in message

http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on
the

bus, even though he wasn't.

but why wasn't grandad wearing a helmet?

I foresaw this type of accident occuring and it is for which I stopped
riding on buses when my health deteriorated. It's not so great to have a
free bus pass when one can't go more than a mile, can't walk around and
fears the risk of getting thrown from the seat. I have less fears on the
bike and no need to wear a helmet.

Indeed, I'm sure the statistics for death while on a bus/death while riding
a bike will surely justify your fears.