Old August 7th 13, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default update on the cyclist arrested for gbh and dangerous cycling

On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 15:44:52 UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"thirty-six" wrote in message

On Wednesday, 7 August 2013 10:07:56 UTC+1, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"MrCheerful" wrote in message

http://road.cc/content/news/89871-up...aves-passenger

According to the comments it was the old man's fault for standing up on

the

bus, even though he wasn't.

but why wasn't grandad wearing a helmet?

I foresaw this type of accident occuring and it is for which I stopped

riding on buses when my health deteriorated. It's not so great to have a

free bus pass when one can't go more than a mile, can't walk around and

fears the risk of getting thrown from the seat. I have less fears on the

bike and no need to wear a helmet.

Indeed, I'm sure the statistics for death while on a bus/death while riding

a bike will surely justify your fears.

I've experienced many more close shaves per 100,000 miles during bus riding than by bike riding and have been thrown from my bus seat at least three times when fit and well. As I have no control over the bus, the bicycle has proved itself to be the safer alternative for me, without the plastic cap.