Old February 6th 10, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
[email protected][_2_]

Default Chicago's "Bike the Drive"?

On Feb 5, 2:53*pm, Kristian M Zoerhoff
On 2010-02-05, wrote:

Hello,

In Chicago's "Bike the Drive" *[http://bikethedrive.org/] the entire
length of Lake Shore Drive is shut down to automobile traffic, and
opened up to solely bicycles.

I'd like to attend this event with my recumbent trike. There
definitely will be some recumbent bikes there. I'm interested in
knowing if there will be other tricyclists there (upright or
recumbent).

Have any of you folks been to this event? Or, at least, something
similar?

I did it once, and that was enough. Too crowded for my taste, even if it is
fun to ride on LSD.

There will be a fair amount of bents, trikes, tall bikes, and other
freakshow material, and usually a few rollerbladers to mess things up a bit.
Me, I'm saving my riding for Door County, the very next week. I'll wave when
we drive by :-)

--

Kristian Zoerhoff

I'm very interested in learning more about that Door County ride.
What's it called? Do you have a website?

Thanks,
Cullen