Old January 23rd 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

Default Something On a Trek Frame

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 4:07:44 AM UTC-8, Duane wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 11:54:05 PM UTC, Duane wrote:

Strava lets you restrict your data private or limit it to people you let
follow to you. Meh, not an issue in my opinion. Some friends use the part
that blocks a certain distance from your start to keep their home address
private. I guess tha5 makes sense.

Makes one nostalgic for the days before your phone and your bicycle
computer started reporting your whereabouts to every Tom, Dick and Harry.

Andre Jute
Privacy is the last refuge -- and the last frontier

Yeah but like I said, you can control who can access it.

On the other hand, I used to manually keep track of my stats. With Strava
I don’t have to. Depends on what you’re looking for.

Since I have so damn many bikes and have to log every number perhaps I should go back to Strava and just turn off access to other people.

The one thing that only a special meter can read is the gradient, altitude and total altitude climbed. This absolutely makes a difference between distance ridden on GPS and ground miles. On the Tuesday ride the round trip is about 37 miles but GPS marks it was 35 miles. It also has 3600 feet of climbing.