Old March 29th 20, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default State your opinion on COVID-19

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 21:00:31 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/28/2020 7:15 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Frank Krygowski writes:

We have one friend with whom we shared a six-foot-separated
picnic. She has no symptoms, but she had to take off her mask to
eat. Other friends (we've seen a dozen, max) have been almost as
careful, but no masks.

A dozen since the Ohio "shelter in place" order? Honestly that seems
like a large number to me. Our social life is pretty much all remote
now, aside from two or three chance meetings.

About half of those were on March 17, before the official order, but
even then we were being very careful. At that time, they had said "6
feet minimum" and (I think) "no more than 10 in a group."

Since then, the friends we've seen have all been outdoors, on
well-separated hikes, walks or bike rides. And since then, we've been to
only one grocery, one deli for takeout, and one pharmacy.

BTW, the pharmacy (a block from our house) was closed for several days
for "deep cleaning." Apparently one or two employees tested positive. I
was in there today to get a prescription, and all the old staff had been
temporarily replaced. They're all in self quarantine.

I read about "cleaning" and I understand that virus are not living, in
the sense of other creatures and I have also read that a dead body is
not capable of transmitting a viral disease, but how long does a
virus, or perhaps more accurately a virion, remain viable and able to
infect another creature if it is outside a living body. Or in simple
terms if a virion falls on the floor how long can it lay there and
still be capable of causing a disease?
--
cheers,

John B.